Some News and Results concerning LSERSA skiers in 2004
See also the Winter 2003/04, the Summer 2004 Races,
LSERSA skiers do very well at
British Schools Championships - Nov 21st at Swadlincote
- The Surbiton High School team of Amanda Alldridge, Mollie King, Alice Murphy and Nathalie Tunna won the girls competition by almost 2 seconds with Beeslack (Scotland) 2nd and Sheffield High School (England) 3rd.
- The Harvey Grammar School team of Joel Wyatt, Michael Owen, Matthew Davey and George White were leading the field after the first run by 1/100 of a second. Unfortunately for LSERSA, Pates Grammar School (England) excelled themselves on the second run to win by 15/100 of a second. Cowbridge (Wales) took the bronze.
The region's best male skier was Joel Wyatt (Harvey Grammar) who having won the English Schools Championship, came 4th in the British. Amanda Alldridge from Surbiton was the region's best placed girl, coming 5th.
- Full Results (PDF)
Alessia Thomas-Jackson - British Children 1 Champion.
- Alessia swept the board this summer in the Children 1 category winning the English, Welsh, Scottish and Irish Championships, and becoming British Champion before rounding it off nicely by winning the European Championships. See the British Skiing web site for all the results.
LSERSA skiers dominated the ESKKIA (English Schools') Championships
at Swadlincote on 3rd October.
- The London & South East region took most of the prizes confirming that they are the strongest region in the country when it comes to schools skiing. Full Results (PDF)
- Teams from the Region and Regional Skiers who attained podium places:
- Individuals Joel Wyatt - 1st open boys; Frankie
Simonds - 2nd open girls and 1st under 19 girls; Mollie King - 3rd under 19 girls; Charlotte Evans - 2nd under 14 girls; Ben Wheeler - 1st mixed boys; Lloyd Papantoniou - 2nd mixed boys; Jamie Alldridge - 3rd mixed boys;
Louise Thomas - 2nd mixed girls; Kirstie Bilton - 3rd mixed girls.
- Surbiton High School - 1st open girls - Amanda Alldridge, Mollie King, Alice Murphy and Nathalie Tunna
- Simon Langton School - 2nd open girls - Charlotte Owen, Alice Limb, Rachael Underwood and Emily Limb
- Lady Eleanor Holles - 3rd open girls
- Harvey Grammer School - 1st open boys - Joel Wyatt, Michael Owen, Matthew Davey and George White
- Surbiton High School - 1st under 19 girls - Mollie King, Rhianna Kinchin, Nathalie Tunna and Francesca Quirke
- Simon Langton School - 3rd under 19 girls - Charlotte Owen, Alice Limb, Rachael Underwood and Emily Limb
- Surbiton High School - 1st under 16 girls - Alex Emerton, Amanda Alldridge, Alice Murphy and Angelica Gould
- Lady Eleanor Holles - 2nd under 16 girls
- Hayes Secondary School - 3rd under 16 girls - Stacey Luck, Amy Bryant, Rachel Quinn and Joanna Llewllyn
- Harvey Grammer School - 1st under 16 boys - Joel Wyatt, Michael Owen, Matthew Davey and George White
- RGS Guildford - 2nd under 16 boys
- Rochester Girls Grammer School - 1st under 14 girls - Charlotte Evans, Alexandra Askew, Jordan Moss and Raeesa Quereshi
- Reeds - 1st under 14 boys
- Borden Grammer School - 2nd under 14 boys - Nick Crawford, Craig Coppack and Matthew Owen
- Cranmore - 3rd under 14 boys
- Surbiton High School Junior - 2nd under 12 girls - Amy Young, Alice MacAulay, Caroline Croft and Abigail Croft
- Surbiton High School - 3rd under 12 girls - Eloise Greenhalgh, Emily Murphy, Isabel Linacre and Katie Willis
- Cranmore - 2nd under 12 boys
- Kings School Rochester - 3rd under 12 boys - Tom Kirton
- Reed's - 1st under 19 mixed
- King's Rochester - 3rd under 19 mixed
- Vyners School - 1st under 14 mixed - Lloyd Papantoniou, Kathryn Barber and Toby Barber.
- Coopers Company - 2nd under 14 mixed
- St. Andrews School - 1st under 14 mixed - Emily Evans, Max Moss and Rumaan Quereshi
- I don't know which LSERSA skiers were in all of the above teams - please let me know about this and about any errors or omissions. Thanks.
British Childrens's Teams 2005
- Aaron Tipping has been selected for the British Children's Ski Team.
- Natalia Harte and Amanda Alldridge have been selected for the British Children's Development Squad.
- See the British Childrens's Web Site for details of races etc.
British Dry Ski Slopes Championships
- At the British Championships held at Hillend, Edingburgh on 25/26 September
- Alessia Thomas-Jackson became British Children 1 Champion in both Slalom and Giant Slalom.
All England Championships
- LSERSA skiers on the podium at the All England Championships - Swadlincote - 4/5 September:
- Alessia Thomas-Jackson (1st CH1),
Sally Bartlett (1st SEN) and
Christina Pennock (3rd JN2).
- Marc Telling (1st SEN), Oliver Robinson (1st JN1),
Joe Ogden (1st CH2), Thomas Kirton (2nd CH1) and
Nick Robinson (3rd CH2).
- Emily Evans (1st Minis), Charlotte Jesse (2nd Minis) and Zak Jesse (1st Minis).
Snowsport GB 2005 British Land Alpine Ski Team
- The following LSERSA skiers are members of the 2005 British Alpine teams:
Chemmy Alcott, Joanna Greig, Katrina Head and Ed Drake.
England Dry Ski Slope Squad 2004/5
- The following LSERSA skiers are members of the 2004/05 England Dry Ski Slope Squad:
- Francesca Simonds, Joe Ogden, Marc Telling and Paul Telling.
Ed Drake Wins Another Cup -
Ed won another cup over the weekend of August 1st,
- but this time not in skiing but in rowing. It was for winning at the Henley Town and Visitors Regatta in a Novice Cox
Ed joined and started rowing at Walbrook Rowing Club, Teddington, just under
a year ago.
He uses the rowing as part of his fitness training for skiing when back at
home. It works very well keeping him fit and is enjoyable at the same time.
Ed Drake has been selected for
the 2004/2005 British Land Alpine Junior Ski Team.
England Team 2004/05
- All four skiers in the 'A' team are LSERSA skiers -
Helena Bray, Louise Thomas, James Bennett and Ed Drake.
Ski Bartlett (Bartletts of Hillingdon) is the family run business for all
all the family, from the complete beginner to top class racer. They have full servicing facilities, are experts in ski race gear for snow and dry slopes, and have the most comprehensive range of race equipment in the UK - clothing, protection, skis, boots, bindings, DIY waxes and tools, slalom and downhill poles and gates, etc.
Ski Bartlett is just 5 minutes from the M4, M40 and M25 at Uxbridge Road, Hillingdon, Middlesex UB10 0NP, tel: 0020 8573 2076 or 020 8848 0040. There is also a Ski Bartlett shop at Wycombe Summit Ski Slope.
Back to main index
Comments etc. to: Alan Sandell
Last updated: 09:30 GMT on 14 December 2004