Some News and Results about LSERSA skiers in summer 2005
These are in reverse chronological order of event. At the end is a list of
Regional Skiers in National Squads together with links to
their FIS pages where appropriate.
See also the Summer Race Results page.
Some news about LSERSA skiers and results from the 2004/05 Snow Season
Some news about LSERSA skiers and results from the 2005/06 Snow Season
News about Aaron Tipping
- Article in News Shopper (the online version of Bromley's local paper) about Aaron Tipping.
British Schools Championships
- Franki Simonds won the individual competition and her school, Lady Eleanor Holles,
won the team competition.
- Joel Wyatt came third and his school, Harvey Grammar, came second.
- See the full results
English Schools Finals Results
- In the Finals of the English Schools Championships, schools from the
LSERSA region did really well - see the results on
the ESSKIA site or as a
British Dry Ski Slope Championships - LSERSA successes
- In the Slalom, Anouska Callander was 3rd Junior 2 and Alessia Thomas-Jackson was 1st Children 1
with Charlotte Jesse 3rd.
- In the Giant Slalom, Marc Telling was 2nd Overall and 1st Senior. Anouska Callander
was 3rd Junior 2, Franki Simonds was 3rd Junior 1,
and Alessia Thomas-Jackson was 1st Children 1 with Charlotte Jesse 3rd.
- In the International Parallel Slaloms, Marc Telling and Franki Simonds were in the
winning Male and Female England 'A' teams and Paul Telling was in the 3rd placed England 'B' team.
- Full Results.
LSERSA success at All England Championships
- Franki Simonds was 3rd overall and 1st Junior 1 with Charlotte Evans 4th Overall
and 2nd Children 2. Emily Evans and Charlotte Jesse were 1st and 2nd Children 1.
- Marc Telling was 3rd Overall and 3rd Senior. Oliver Robinson was 3rd Junior 2.
Lloyd Papantoniou was 2nd Junior 1. Thomas Ondrusz was 2nd and Oliver Jeffery 3rd Master.
Daniel Curtis was 3rd Children 2 and David Askew was 2nd Children 1.
- James Gibb was 1st Mini.
- Wycombe A - Marc Telling, Franki Simonds, Lloyd Papantoniou and Paul Telling -
won the inter-club competition.
- See the full results
England Dry Ski Slope Squad - July 2005
The following LSERSA skiers have been selected for the England Dry Ski Slope Squad:
- Anouska Callendar, Charlotte Evans, Franki Simmonds,
- Marc Telling, Ben Clark, Joel Wyatt, Paul Telling, Lloyd Papantoniou
Thomson Grand Prix Race Series 2005 - LSERSA winners
Click on picture to see it bigger
- Alessia Thomas-Jackson and Thomas Kirton won the Children 1 age groups.
- Natalia Harte, Alessia Thomas-Jackson, Emily Evans,
Thomas Kirton and Zak Jesse won Thomson Bursaries.
- See the series final ranking (PDF) document for details.
Special Achievement Award for Ed Drake
- Ed Drake received a Sports Aid London Special Achievement Award on June 1st.
- See article
published on 10th June on the
Ski Club of Great Britain web site or local copy
Regional Skiers in 2005/06 National Squads
- together with links to their FIS pages and web sites
- will appear here as and when they are announced.
Ski Bartlett (Bartletts of Hillingdon) is the family run business for all
all the family, from the complete beginner to top class racer. They have full servicing facilities, are experts in ski race gear for snow and dry slopes, and have the most comprehensive range of race equipment in the UK - clothing, protection, skis, boots, bindings, DIY waxes and tools, slalom and downhill poles and gates, etc.
Ski Bartlett is just 5 minutes from the M4, M40 and M25 at Uxbridge Road, Hillingdon, Middlesex UB10 0NP, tel: 0020 8573 2076 or 020 8848 0040. There is also a Ski Bartlett shop at Wycombe Summit Ski Slope.
Back to main index
Comments etc. to: Alan Sandell
Last updated: 21:30 GMT November 21st, 2005